The aim of ALLERGY CENTRE will be to treat with the most recent advance in diagnosis, management & treatment of allergic & Asthma patients. The stress will be on clinical as well as research in Allergic disorders.
In India, there is 10% of the population suffering from allergic diseases. To find out the incidence of allergy suffer in the capital, the Indian council of medical research(ICMR) carried out a study, which revealed that nearly 1% of the population of Delhi suffers from Allergic Bronchial Asthma alone. As a result of awakening about allergic diseases, a lot of work has been done on atmosphere pollen spectra, Fungi, House dust mite etc, by Shivpuri & Co-workers (1980-90).
Allergic Asthma is the consequences of their basic disorder-dysregulation of Lymphocytes, IgE synthesis increased level of chemical mediators & the enhanced response of bronchi to different stimuli (non-specific broncho-hyper responsiveness):
Select patients for specific allergen-immunotherapy & To monitors its efficacy at regular intervals:-
- Allergic Rhinitis & Allergic BR Asthma.
- Atopic steroid-dependant BR Asthma.
- Insect Hypersensitivity.
- Non-compliance & Intolerance with Pharmacotherapy in allergic disease.
Select Patients for Preventive Allergen Immunotherapy
- Allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis.
- Rhinoconjuctivitis and chronic urticaria.
- Atopic dermatitis and recurrent Wheeze.
- Bronchial hyperreactivity and chronic cough.
Diagnostic Skin Testing
- Contact dermatitis.
- Re-current Angioedema & skin rashes.
- Food & Drug Hypersensitivity.
- Anaphylaxis(Food associated exercised induced)
- Recurrent Cough, wheeze & dyspnoea Syndrome.
- Occupational Asthma.
- Allergic Respiratory Mycosis e.g. A.B.P.A
DIAGNOSIS OF SPECIFIC SENSITIVITY
- Exposure to allergen, related to appearance of symptoms
- Presence of specific IgE antibody
- Skin test
- Prick test
- In vitro assays(RAST)
- Provocative Challenge
- Conjuctival challenge
- Nasal Challenge
- Bronchial Challenge
- Oral Challenge
- Skin test
- Pharmacologic bronchoconstrictive stimuli
- Specific antigen
- Pollen, Fungi
- Dust mites, other dusts
- Occupational exposure
- Toluene dissocyanate
- Phthalic anhydride
INDICATION FOR OUANTITATION OF ALLERGEN SPECIFIC IgE
- Allergosorbent tests (RASïI7) in which skin tests in not possible.
- Allergosorbent tests (RAST) for anaphylactic sensitivities.
- Screning for Allergen with Allergosorbant test (RAST)
- lmmunotherapy based on Skin Allergy Test & RAST test results.
CLINICAL INDICATIONS FOR INHALATION CHALLENGE
- Clarification of the role of specific allergen in asthma, especially when other diagnostic criteria are inadequate.
- To define, when appropriate the natural history of antigen sensitivity where there is no immunologic intervention or conversely, for evaluation of the therapeutic effect of immunotherapy.
- For the evaluation of new or unrecognized allergens or provocative agents in pulmonary disease such as for the assessment of occupational inhalants in susceptible patients.